internal drag setting on Calcutta 400d

General Questions

internal drag setting on Calcutta 400d

Postby robertw » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:00 pm

hello all!
On the internal drag setting how should i have it set .... on Calcutta 400d ... i just got rid of an Abu garcia 6k series .... used less than a year?
any help would be great thank you in advance! :)
robertw

Re: internal drag setting on Calcutta 400d

Postby dahlberg » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:21 am

I assume you are talking about the centrifugal anti backlash brakes. The best setting depends on how experienced you are, the lure's weight and wind resistant, the stiffness of the rod, and how much velocity you are imparting to the lure at release.
I've got a well educated thumb and I set mine with either one on no blocks out. I believe they come from the factory with two in the "out" position.
I'd start out with it the way it is out of the box and make adjustments from there. I'm pretty certain once you make a couple of casts with the CalcuttaD you will agree it is the best casting, smoothest reel you've ever used.
best
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Re: internal drag setting on Calcutta 400d

Postby robertw » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Thanks for the quick response! I set it with 4 out 2 in seems good ... I am amazed with the ability of this reel ! you said it ... best casting smoothest reel! I cannot get over how much i was missing!! lol Thanks for the advice !
robertw

Return to General Questions