Worthy Assistant

General Questions

Worthy Assistant

Postby mbaines13 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:01 pm

Larry, Whenever I watch your show I can't help but envy your traveling and fishing adventures... I also can't help wanting to be there on the hunt!

I multi species fish here in the great state of Michigan and as you can guess big fish are more fun than the small ones, (my favorite is a 20lb.+ king salmon).

Just thought you could use a strong fearless apprentice... let me know

FEAR NO FISH!
TIGHT LINES!
mbaines13

Postby dahlberg » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:23 am

HI M,
I've thought about hiring a stunt double, and a food taster but can't even afford to feed an indentured servant Thanks for the note.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby Questor » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:01 am

mbaines13:

Take heart! By careful shopping and planning, it's possible to travel and fish for not a great deal of money. I was able to, for example, go flyfishing for bonefish 3 guided days, followed by some great snorkeling for an all-inclusive price of about $1500 for an entire week. That was 8 years ago, and it would be more expensive now, but the deals are still out there.

If there's one thing I've found its that the more expensive options for hunting and fishing trips are as much as 20 times costlier than practically the same packages at lowest costs. Sometimes you're filling in for late cancellations. Other times they just need another head to fill a roster. This is not generally true for trips greatly in demand, but if you can be flexible and make a few compromises, then you can do very well without losing one iota of quality (or maybe just a little quality.)
Questor

Return to General Questions