finding fish

General Questions

finding fish

Postby carpo » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:31 pm

hi larry, i caught a recent show and you mentioned that smart anglers should move around until you find fish,instead of casting and letting the fish find you. my ? is that i know a spot that stripers usually hold in a rip that forms late into the falling tide. unfortunatly lots of others know this spot as well. if i show up early and nobody is there, should i fish that spot waiting for the rip to form, or should i walk the beach hoping to catch fish in less productive looking water? I realize in a perfect world i should do both, walk around hunting then fish the rip when it forms. But if you had to choose one or the other which way would you fish? What about chumming fish to your boat? is this as produtive as the "Hunt For Big Fish?"Just curious about what your thoughts on the subject are. thanx as usual....CARPO.
carpo

Postby dahlberg » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:27 pm

I like the way you're thinking.
Obviously, they're somewhere. I'd start looking at available structure, cover, current etc adjacent to where they feed. Talk to commercial guys, divers etc about off tide locations.
I'd look around with my electronics to see what's available!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions