Shimano Chronarch Line

General Questions

Shimano Chronarch Line

Postby PaulWilliam79 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:38 pm

I own 2 Shimano chronarchs and predominantly largemouth bass fish with the reels. I used Stren Original for many years with no problems. The Chronarchs don't seem to like them. Even using the centrifugal drag system they still seem to backlash a little more than they should.

I purchased some Pline CXX and some Stren extra tough with plans on getting some magnathin. I have not tried these lines to see what the reels think of them.

Do you have a suggestion on a good line to use?

I typically use a 10-14# line.

Thank you.
PaulWilliam79

Postby Henry Schmidt » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:16 pm

IM not sure but I dont think they make magnathin anymore. Original Stren is very stiff line and the Chronarchs, being so smooth and free when the spool is disengaged may not like the higher memory lines. I was not satisfied with the P lines I tried but that was years ago. I have had good luck with Sufix Elite which is softer and limper. Ive had bad luck with Yo-zuri lines. Im starting to experiment with the expensive Japanese home market lines and really like them.
Henry Schmidt

Postby PaulWilliam79 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:46 pm

Thanks for the info.

Have you tried any of the fluorocarbon lines? I know I tried them for fly line tippet but I didn't notice any difference.
PaulWilliam79

Postby Henry Schmidt » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:32 am

Yeah me either! I didnt like it at all for throwing topwaters, which is what I throw the majority of the time.
Henry Schmidt

Postby dahlberg » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:26 am

hi pw,
I've heard they changed the Stren formula and am pretty sure magnathin is no longer being imported since Pure Fishing took over operations from Stren.
Try the new Sufix elite or seige. I think you'll like 'em.
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Postby PaulWilliam79 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:00 pm

Hey Larry. Thanks so much for the reply.

Do you have an episode list somewhere? I would like to see some more Tiger fishing and Wolf fishing.

Thanks again.
PaulWilliam79

Return to General Questions