ESOX Questions and Wisconsin Muskie Waters

General Questions

ESOX Questions and Wisconsin Muskie Waters

Postby finnskar » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:04 pm

Hello Larry:

I see that you mention that you have fished muskies through a number of business venues in the past.

Have you personally fished any of the Wisconsin Muskie / Musky Waters? If so, would you remember your largest fish and where?

If you had it to do over again (like it would really be such a terrible thing), where would you like to fish (name of lake and / or stream) to try to catch a WORLD RECORD MUSKY in Wisconsin at this time?

Do you have a STRICTLY ESOX (on any international water) DVD available?

Finnskar

I was really impressed with one of your shows on VERSUS!
finnskar

Postby dahlberg » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:32 am

Hi F,
I've been fishing (catching) muskies for 48 years and have caught well over 1000 of them. If you are looking for a world record in wisconsin I think you will be looking for a long, long time.
I'm not sure of the strain of fish that were planted in Lake Mich, but if they are one of the "right"' strains (the wisconsin inland stocking programs use an inferior strain) they could get very very big and I'd say the chances of a true giant being caught there are higher than the much smaller, and more heavily pressured water.
Also, I have to admit, if I knew of a smaller body of water where there were giants living, I could not in good conscience post it on the web.
good luck!
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions