Hunt for Big Fish in America...

General Questions

Hunt for Big Fish in America...

Postby jbird » Sat May 19, 2007 6:41 pm

Larry

I absolutely love the show and all the exotic destinations. I dont see the show as often as I'd like, so I might be shooting in the dark with this question. Do you have any plans to explore more big fish opportunities a little closer to home? IE. Steelhead, Salmon, Trout, Crappie, smallies, etc... I know some of these arent really "big fish" but it would be cool to see some freakish big ones of the species. Or even Mako's, Albacore or halibut. I would get really pumped to see you with some footage of big american fish that we could realistically get to too.

Thanks and great job!!

Jay
jbird

Postby dahlberg » Wed May 23, 2007 3:35 am

HI J,
Thanks for the post. Although most of my work is outside the USA, I've done lots of shows in Florida, several for monster sturgeon, and a few muskies, lake trout, pike, salmon, halibut and steelhead in the US and Canada. Even did a walleye show on the Columbia in Oregon a few years back.
As a rule I don't like to publicize areas so close to home they end up getting trashed due to increased exposure.
I like to focus on fish that make my heart beat faster when I see a big one, which is why it's unlikely you'll ever see a Crappies on HFBF!
best,
L
Larry Dahlberg
The Hunt For Big Fish
dahlberg
Site Admin

Return to General Questions